As a local chapter of the largest labor union in the entertainment industry, we encourage you to look around at our website and get to know the union that has proudly served the Northeast Florida area since 1904. We specialize in providing well-trained, professional, and reliable crews to every event we work on. Lighting, Sound, Video, Rigging, Scenic Carpentry, Wardrobe, and A/V...We do it all!! No matter what your event is, our stagehands will exceed your expectations time and time again.
If you would like the peace of mind that comes from knowing that the most professional technicians available are on your team, please contact our Business Agent Saul Lucio right away to discuss working out an agreement.
HOUSE PRODUCTION / STAFF STAGEHAND. The Florida Theatre in Jacksonville, Florida is hiring for a full-time House Production/Staff Stagehand, responsible for the set-up of audio, lighting, video and stage equipment for all rehearsals and performances. The Florida Theatre is a 2,000 seat circa 1927 historic theatre, hosting about 175 performances a year, and recognized as one of the most attended theatres and concert venues in the country. The position reports to the Technical Director, and works alongside a full-time Audio Supervisor, Video Supervisor, and local crews. Compensation is $25.50 per hour and a show call rate of $102.00, plus overtime; health, dental and life insurance 100% paid for the employee; paid vacation; paid parental leave; and a one month paid sabbatical every five years. Please send a letter of interest, a resume and three references to: Saul Lucio, Technical Director of the Florida Theatre. Email to Shelissa Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOUSE PRODUCTION / VIDEO SUPERVISOR. The Florida Theatre in Jacksonville, Florida is hiring for a full-time House Production / Video Supervisor, responsible for advancing and coordinating the technical requirements of touring artists playing the theatre, and the set-up of video, audio, lighting, and stage equipment for all rehearsals and performances, with an emphasis on video. The Florida Theatre is a 2,000-seat 1927 historic theatre, hosting about 175 performances a year, and recognized as one of the most attended theatres and concert venues in the country. The position reports to the Technical Director and works alongside a full-time Audio Supervisor, House Stagehand, and local crews. Compensation is $25.50 per hour and a show call rate of $102.00, plus overtime; health, dental and life insurance 100% paid for the employee; paid vacation; paid parental leave; and a one-month paid sabbatical every five years. Please send a letter of interest, a resume and three references to: Saul Lucio, Technical Director of the Florida Theatre. Email to Shelissa Morris at email@example.com.
The Florida Theatre is hiring part-time bartenders and barbacks. Join our team to work in our high volume, fast-paced, fully stocked bar that serves beer, wine, and cocktails.
If you love being around live music and are passionate about providing guests with friendly and professional bar service – we may have a spot for you!
Must be able to work flexible hours, evenings, and weekends.
Bartender responsibilities include:
- Processing credit card payments from customers
- Basic POS knowledge
- Setting up and maintaining appropriate stock levels for the bar
- Working with the facilities team to ensure bar areas are clean and maintained
- Preparing beverages that are consistent with procedures and ingredients.
- Making suggestions based on patrons’ tastes and preferences
- Use suggestive selling techniques
- 2+ years of bartending experience, preferably in a music venue setting
- Knowledge of applicable bartending laws and regulations
- Knowledge of mixology for traditional and creative cocktails
- Impeccable customer service and social perceptiveness
Hourly rate of $10 an hour plus tips.
Barback responsibilities include:
- Supply bars with beer, wine, and spirits based on bartender needs
- Deliver ice to bars
- Must be able to lift and move kegs while walking upstairs
- Must be motivated, a self-starter, and have a sense of urgency
- Anticipate the bartender's needs, help keep the bar clean and in order
- No experience necessary, will train
To apply, submit your resume or qualifications in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “bartender” or “barback” in the subject.
Director of Patron Services
FULL-TIME BAR MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
Reports to: Director of Patron Services
Last Revised: 02/16/24
Manage all beverage and concessions operations at a performing arts and entertainment venue and lead a department of part-time staff.
- Hire, schedule,and supervise all bar staff
- Track bar pricing and profitability and make adjustments as needed
- Serve as bar supervisor for all events, including conducting a bar staff briefing, assisting the bar staff during the event, and closing down the bars. (When necessary and rarely, schedule shift captain to fill-in.)
- Prepare deposits and change orders after every event, as well as counting the drawers and safe.
- Manage inventory, purchase supplies, and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Schedule and run quarterly staff meetings and compliance training.
- Create featured drinks for each event.
- Schedule monthly audit and organize for audit.
- Update menus as needed; work with designer and printer to create menus.
- Meet with local vendors to plan for new product offerings.
- Assist Development with finding vendors and scheduling tastings for events.
- Coordinate with caterer to supply bottles as needed for hospitality.
- Organize alcohol exchange for internal events such as donor cultivation events.
- Help behind the bar on occasion when needed.
- 5+ years customer service experience
- 3+ years bartending experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to deal effectively with people of diverse interests and backgrounds.
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills required.
- Knowledge of beer, wine, spirits, and standard drink recipes
- Cash handling experience
- Willingness to work with co-workers, volunteers, and patrons of all ages, backgrounds, and interests.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours.
- Extreme personal flexibility in line with Theatre needs.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Strong communication skills for oral and written tasks.
- Capability to multi-task tasks and processes to ensure a smooth event.
- Basic computer skills, specifically with Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Experience with Clover or other POS systems and registers preferred.
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop and wipe.
- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Frequent washing of hands.
- Be Able to move full kegs with assistance.
- Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping and tripping
- Salary: $50,000
- Benefits: 100% health, dental and life insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays.
- Schedule: Average 40 hours per week, nights and weekends required
- Reports to: Director of Patron Services
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Please include “Bar Manager search” in the subject line.
The Florida Theatre is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual preference, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry or national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or domestic status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all employment actions including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination, and job-related social or recreational programs. All employees of the Theatre, as a condition of their employment, in conducting their duties and activities on behalf of the Theatre, shall abide by and seek to further the equal opportunity commitments of the Theatre.